Monday 20 February 2012

Dangerous Days

I bought the two disc special edition of “Blade Runner - The Final Cut” at the weekend, and I sat and watched the whole of disc two: - “Dangerous Days: Making Blade Runner” last night, which made me feel a bit of a geek....but proudly so! Ridley Scott is one of my all-time movie heroes...I still love “Alien”. I know Blade Runner had really mixed reviews upon it’s release but I think it’s masterful; dark, complex and ambiguous, even thirty years on (how can it be thirty years?).
It has a wonderful screenplay by Hampton Fancher and David Peoples, but apparently Rutger Hauer ad-libbed one of my favourite speeches: -
“I’ve seen things you people wouldn’t believe. Attack ships on fire off the shoulder of Orion. I watched C-beams glitter in the dark near the Tannhauser Gate. All those moments will be lost in time....like tears in rain....time to die”. 

No comments:

Post a Comment