Tuesday 22 May 2012

Books to Read

I feel as though I need to develop insomnia if I’m to make any headway with my “To be read” pile, which stretches skywards in my study like a particularly malicious game of Jenga.

I’m currently reading “Mockingjay” by Suzanne Collins, having read both “The Hunger Games” and “Catching Fire” over the weekend. I don’t know which particular rock I was hiding under when these were first published but I’m slightly embarrassed that I missed out on them. However I’m really enjoying them now, hence the slightly obsessive blast through them. 

In some vague sense of establishing a sense of order the rest of the pile currently lines up as follows: -

  1. Peaches for Monsieur Le Curé – Joanne Harris
  2. The Light Between Oceans -  M. L. Stedman
  3. Gillespie and I – Jane Harris
  4. The Red House – Mark Haddon
  5. Keeper – Andrea Gillies
  6. About Last Night – Adele Parks
  7. The Sense of an Ending – Julian Barnes
  8. The Reconstructionist – Josephine Hart
  9. Sweets from Morocco – Jo Verity
  10. Your Blue-eyed Boy – Helen Dunmore
  11. The Girl With Glass Feet – Ali Shaw
  12. This isn’t the sort of thing that happens to someone like you – Jon McGregor
  13. Unless – Carol Shields
  14. The Accidental – Ali Smith
  15. Strandloper – Alan Garner
  16. Nail Your Novel – Roz Morris
  17. From Pitch to Publication – Carole Blake.

Wow! I think I need to take a month off work to try and attempt a catch-up. Either that or a very long flight…Australia maybe?

No comments:

Post a Comment